The Pasta SaladMay 16, 2010
I have this recipe for pasta salad that my girlfriend gave me a few years ago. To say that this is The Pasta Salad is somewhat of an understatement. I say that because I don’t like pasta salad. For that matter, I don’t like potato salad, macaroni salad, three bean salad or coleslaw. There is something about those cold salads of my youth that brings painful memories of picnics with neighbors. Probably because my mother would make one of those salads and we would be forced to eat them.
This pasta salad has the right amount of spices and peppers and so easy to make. I truly love it. Plus you could easily add some ham or chicken to it if that’s what you like.
- 1 lb pasta, I like the tri-color rotini
- 1 can black olive, sliced
- 1/2-1 C purple onion, diced
- 1/2-1 C red pepper, diced
- 1/2-1 C green, yellow or orang pepper, diced ( I like a little of all three)
- 1/4-1/2 C GFS brand salad seasoning with cheese (or their Trade East brand)
- Italian salad dressing
Prepare the pasta. Add the black olives, onion and peppers. Use as much of each to your taste. Toss in the salad seasoning, again add as much of that to your taste. Let it sit for at least an hour. Before you serve the salad toss with your favorite Italian salad dressing.